It has come to my attention that often times when booking trips through online services, the email confirmations can have identical subjects for different trips. This causes a problem due to conversation threading in Inbox by Gmail. All of the confirmations with the same subject line will create one trip instead of a separate trip for each confirmation.
Well, I am happy to provide a solution. Unfortunately, I have not run into this situation myself, so I dont have images to go along with the instructions on fixing this. Here are the steps:
- Go to mail.google.com
- Turn off conversation view in settings>general (note this only turns off conversation view in classic Gmail on the web, not in Inbox by Gmail, nor Gmail Mobile)
- Go back the Gmail inbox and go to the Travel category to find the confirmation messages
- Choose the first email you want to create a trip for and forward that email.
- Add yourself as recipient
- Edit subject to something unique, like the confirm # or trip dates or whatever you prefer
- Send the email
- Repeat steps 3 through 7 for each of the emails you want a unique trip for
- Turn conversation view back on if you want for classic Gmail on the web
- Return to inbox.google.com and view the individual trips
Hope you all find this helpful.