I have seen a bunch of questions surrounding email notifications of voicemails that indicate many people either don't know this is possible with Project Fi or they just don't know how to set it up. One would think this feature would be in the Alert setting on your Project Fi homepage, but alas, no such luck.C
If you have been a Google Voice user, the setup steps should be known to you already, but just in case, here they are.
- Go to fi.google.com
- Scroll to the bottom and click on Google Voice
- Click the Gear icon on the top right and choose Settings
- Go to the Voice-mail and Text tab
- Check the box next to email the message to, and select your email or add a new one.
- If you want voice-mail transcriptions, make sure you turn that setting on too
- Click Save
Now whenever you receive a voice-mail you will get an email with both the transcription and a link to play the voice-mail. Please note sometimes (as in my example below) the transcription is not the greatest, but sometimes it is spot on. Also, as you will see, the email notification comes from Google Voice and not Project Fi.